Saturday 28 March 2009

This afternoon I spent a little bit of time collecting together the pots Ive been saving and getting together the free seeds I had. I've some Chilli and Tomato as you can see and a 'hanging' tomato that'll go in a container.



I potted them up, along with some beans and peas, and some basil - these seeds came from Lidl and were 0.28p a packet. and the beans and peas were 0.47p. So this is still gardening for nearly free.
I received some salad leaf seeds today from a colleague and some more tomato seeds, moneymaker this time I think. Ive probably got seeds to swap now, that might make it easier.
Yogurt pots, Pepsi cans (see how Ive turned them into flowers!), egg box and microwave steamed vegetable dish all make good seed trays. The multipurpose compost has been outside the back door for about 3 years so I wonder if it will still work?
Im using an old bathroom spray cleaner thingy to water them with. It gives a nice fine spray.
I can't wait for my first sproutings!
Im on here too!

Total Blog Directory
Garden Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment