Thursday 19 March 2009

First Freebie - a wooden pallet



This is my first freebie. A pallet just lounging around on the side of the road as I drove past. I live in an urban area so its not the sort of thing you see that often. The good angel of freebie gardening must have been looking out for me.

So what am I going to use this for? The idea is, if and when I get some potatoes, I am going to grow them in containers/bags. But for good drainage I want them off the floor and this pallet will be just the thing. And as for the bags I think I have a couple that have blown into my backyard over the winter.

So now I'm looking for potatoes to plant and of course I need some soil.

I have also collected a couple of plastic food trays that I am going to use to get my seeds going when I get some. Some people at work have offered me some. I may get them in tomorrow but I am away for most of the week on business and I dont want to loose them by not being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment