Tuesday 31 March 2009

Raised Beds and rubbish



This is the view of my garden as of 7 o clock last night. Two raised beds dug. Its been hard graft really, but all the websites and gardening advisers say that while making raised beds is hard work its worth the effort - we'll see. One of the main problems is that the garden not only slopes left to right but also drops off. So all the earth that comes out of the trenches is being used to try and build up the slopey bits.


Ive been planting more seeds, planted some salad leaves last night £1 from Wilkinson's. And have planted out side, some radish and some spinach. Just waiting for the first shoots now - its exciting.

Found these bags last night in a rubbish bin. They are practically brand new Sainsburys hessian shopping bags, - two of them. The only thing wrong with seems to be a bottle of alcohol has broken in one so it was a bit wet and smelling of alcohol, the other seems perfectly OK. They will do perfectly for some planting of some sort - or even shopping!

As you can see from the pics above - I need more wood to shore up my banks - there seems to be lots about, but I'm worried that some of it might get me in trouble if I take it - it looks like its rubbish but its on people premises so I guess its theirs till they throw it out. I could always knock on their door and ask I suppose m- they might be glad to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment