Friday 20 March 2009

End of the Week Roundup

Well its only two days isn't it. But things are coming on apace. I have some tomato seeds in the post apparently. The promise of some chilli seeds - so at least a Salsa is in the offing. Some one else is sending me a mixture of salad leaf seeds (I hope) and I've put a number of begging letters on the various websites that I have listed. I've been promised some sprouting potatoes from someones cupboard. This is a great start. I have also sourced some free coffee grounds for my compost via Starbucks and I have also got a source for horse manure for free. I should get free seeds for my plate and for the bees from the websites I have listed below.

Also the Daily Mirror is giving away free seeds from tomorrow 21st march 2009 and for the rest of the week.

As for propagating them how about this cool little box. I have just registered with this site http://www.graze.com/ who send me this little box by post to my desk for just £2.99 full of tasty grazing food. Today I had red grapes, rouge dry fruit mix and black pepper cashews. If you want to try is register with them, use this code CXQPK18B and you'll get your first box free.



I'm going to use the boxes to propagate my seeds rather than just chucking them away.



My main worry at the moment is I think its going to be difficult to borrow a rotorvator and a brush cutter and I might have to do it all by hand. I've put a request of freecycle for old tools but as yet I have nothing to cut the bramble. I'm away this weekend which means I'll miss the car boot sales to try and buy some tools. I'm not buying new. If I have to buy I'll recycle. Maybe when I'm down the tip (or recycling centre as its now known) as well I might have some more luck. So I'm not going to be breaking into a sweat until next week sometime.

I'm away next week on a little vacation and away for work - but I'll try to keep this up to date or you can follow my twitter where I'm known as freebiegardener.


and isn't this cool of google - I'm a fan of the Very Hungry Caterpillar - but not in my garden please!


No comments:

Post a Comment