Tuesday 7 April 2009

Seed Bounty

This is the huge pile of free seeds I have received. Every thing from chives, to beans, to salad, even 'lime wedge' seeds from Gordon's the gin people. So more fun.

The rain seems to have worked wonders in the garden, the radishes and the spinach are now showing above the ground - so soon I will have produced my own food - isn't that something. Although I'm not sure that a diet of just radish and spinach will be good for me - even if I am a vegetarian!

The money I have spent so far has been negligible, my biggest outlay have been in the secateurs which cost me 99p at Lidl and the leather work gloves at £2.99. These were a real necessity to protect ones hands against the bramble - as it is I have scratches up my arms and legs and even a few on my body where Ive been caught through my shirt.

Most of my seeds have been given to me or have come via various promotions by companies like the BBC .

The biggest investment of course has been time and effort. But as I am trying to lose weight anyway the 500 or so calories you get for an hours worth of digging is well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment