Monday 13 April 2009

The last few days...

This is the view of my garden this bank holiday Sunday. I'd been given some seedlings from a local guy who had seen my post on freecycle asking for seeds. But I've been prevaricating about the weather. We've been having glorious sunshine, but with an icy edge to the wind. On Friday I had to scrape ice off the car window. But on Sunday it was just so nice that I gave in and planted, leaving the seedlings to their fate. (Gulp!)

As you can see I now have green things that aren't weeds growing in my garden. The garden that was over run with bramble and weeds just a few weeks ago. Hope you like my wigwam for the runner beans. Made with the branches of a tree cut off by my neighbour who must have shoved them into my unkempt garden while I wasn't looking. Neighbourly eh! But he who laughs last etc.

I had a bit of a minor disaster with the seeds indoors - my sprayer wasn't giving them enough water I guess and after the hot sun of Sunday I found a few of my seedlings had wilted to death. But the rest soon perked up after I gave them an emergency infusion of water.

In the garden the radishes are growing as are the spinach I planted a while ago. Ive also got some tomato seeds poking through. I think a potato has poked through as well.

You can see (when I add the photos) that I found a car tyre dumped on the park field where I take the dog for a run. So I got it home and within 10 minutes it was on a carpet base, earthed up and potatoes planted. Now I just need to find another one to bank up the spuds when they come up.

Its raining now which is great as it will bed all my new seedlings in.

2 comments:

  1. You provide good info on your site related to Wigwams Yorkshire and Wigwam East Yorkshire so keep going also provide more informational details on Luxury Cottages Yorkshire,Camping Park Yorkshire and Wigwam Camping UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Enjoyed it very much. Expecting some pictures of carpet base made up of waste tyre, earthed up and potatoes planted on your upcoming blog.

    ReplyDelete